From Doors CS, Doors CSE, and Doors CE Wiki
General Doors CS 7.0 Shell Features
- Shell and GUI for managing and running any available BASIC and ASM program on TI graphing calculators
- Mouse-based interface is intuitive for modern computer users and calculator enthusiasts alike.
- Rock-solid stability from months of community beta-testing.
- Powerful built-in libraries for ASM and BASIC programmers.
- Folder-based organization system lets you find programs quickly and easily.
- Built-in file management tools make renaming, copying, deleting, locking, archiving, and hiding a breeze.
- Built-in 8-line BASIC editor can even edit archived and locked BASIC programs
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts for power users.
- Rendundancy and backup systems restore your folder organization and preferences should your calculator crash.
- Robust, powerful CALCnet2.2 networking protocol built-in.
- TI-OS integration adds features like running any program directly from the homescreen with HomeRun, keyboard shortcuts to APD or launch Doors CS, and more.
- Wide compatibility with existing MirageOS, Ion, xLib, Celtic III, PicArc, Omnicalc, Doors CS 5/6, and TI-OS programs and features.
- In-shell battery and memory meter as well as low RAM/battery warnings.
- Hover over programs to see their size and description with the InfoPop feature.
- MemoryPop lets you see your RAM and ROM usage in Doors CS by hovering over the memory meter.
- Intelligent Writeback extends your flash ROM’s lifetime and reduces Garbage Collect messages by only overwriting archived programs after execution if they have changed.
- Doors CS’ Associated Program feature lets you open files with their viewer, like clicking a document to open it with a word processing program, or a game level to open it in its game.
- HomeRun feature can run any BASIC or ASM program, archived, locked, or otherwise, from the TI-OS homescreen simply by executing prgmNAME.
- Instant Goto replaces the TI-OS’ slow Goto feature, and uses Doors CS’ 8-line BASIC editor.
- Archived programs are kept in ROM during execution, so ASM program crashes will not delete the program.
- Users can modify their mouse cursor, acceleration speed, folder backup preferences, and many other options and settings.
- Rename any program, including ASM programs, from within Doors CS
- Supports custom backgrounds on the Doors CS desktop
- Users can easily add an icon and description to any existing BASIC program
- Shell Expansions provide additional functionality to Doors CS, such as password protection or a clock.
- Runs MirageOS ASM programs and displays their icons
- Runs MirageOS BASIC programs; InfoPop recognizes MirageOS program descriptions
- Runs nostub (TI-OS) ASM programs and Ion ASM programs
- Has built-in BASIC libraries for BASIC programs using xLib, Celtic III, PicArc, Omnicalc, and DCSB Libs.
Features for ASM Programmers
- Full set of Ion and MirageOS libraries to support new and existing programs.
- Extensive GUI system allows stacked windows, mouse input, text input, forms, and more for DCS7 ASM programs in an extremely simple API.
- Associated Program functionality seamlessly passes files to their respective viewer programs, and handles archiving/unarchiving and cleanup.
- Built-in FileOpen, FileSave, and FileSaveAs GUIs make the creation of small, powerful AP programs possible.
- Shared libraries called Appended Library Extensions can be used to provide networking, 3D graphics, and grayscale support.
Features for BASIC Programmers
- Full compatibility with popular xLIB library without needing to keep the 16KB app on your calculator. Doors CS versions of xLIB routines are faster, safer, and more optimized
- Full compatibility with popular Celtic III, PicArc, and Omnicalc libraries, also built-into Doors CS 7 and optimized for speed and stability.
- Powerful DCSB Libs introduced in Doors CS 7 provide access to advanced features, the Doors CS GUI system, stack structures for the Ans variable, and more.
- Simple addition of icons and descriptions to programs without breaking compatibility or functionality
- Hide programs from Doors CS, or specify a set of subprograms that are automatically unarchived when a BASIC program is run.