This page contains archived development notes on Doors CS 7 for the monochrome TI-84 Plus/TI-84 Plus calculators. That project is no longer in active development.
This page contains a list of current past issues and things to be done on the road to Doors CS 7. It’s divided up into to-do items, which are generally features but not broken, and bugs, which are things that break or don’t work right in Doors CS. There’s related information on the Nspire_Compatibility and XLib/Celtic III Compatibility pages.
Pending Items #
To-Do Items #
- Extend scrollbar hotspots
- Incorrect entry followed by Quit/Goto in Input/Prompt causes many key combos to stop functioning. See this post
- In some cases, running a CALCnet2.2 program, then trying to quit HomeRun, quit Doors CS, or run another program causes the run indicator to run and the calculator to require a battery pull.
Inactive Bugs #
- Low memory program corruption bug. Steps are here.
- ZTrumpet and Qazz42 report problems with HomeRun leaving a temporary RAM copy around, later causing a crash. Very difficult to replicate.
- 506 error from homescreen Axe editing (caused by low batt) causes return to DCS, then crash, instead of quit to homescreen.
- prgmseq( bug reported here.
- Error handling of WFRNG TI-OS system error jumping
- Incorrect value loaded to Op from WFRNG’s TI-OS based input function
- DJ_O bumped his Reuben title screen issue.
Completed Items #
To-Do Items #
- Add a way to type “=” (also added “_” and not-equals)
- Made BinRead work with archived programs.
- Poweroff and APD from Tabfuncs?
- Folder Saving
- Separate archived appvar called FLDSV7
- Byte-flag in DCS7 appvar to indicate whether folder backup is up-to-date or not
- Cache folder changes until a program runs or DCS quits, two situations where DCS will lose control and it’s more likely that a RAM clear will occur
- Try to create FLDVS7 even if not dirty, if it doesn’t already exist.
- Need to add [ALPHA] as right-click key for TabFuncs
- HAVE TO fix the FileOpen, FileSave, and FileSaveAs routines to take into account the shifting size of the CHAIN7 appvar.
- Can probably combine a lot of stuff in writeback.asm - two nearly-duplicate sections.
- As per BrandonW: force acceptance of Garbage Collect, cf. code fragment by BrandonW
- Pseudoprogrammer suggested that just like F1 opens the DCS Menu, F1 close it again. I agree, and have added this to the To Do list. Also, [clear] quits DCS from the DCS Menu.
- Need to make programs and files in the ProgChain have unique names, something with prefixing and the current size.
- Deleting the DCS7 AppVar without a RAM reset causes duplicate folders to be created.
- Via Kevin: would it be possible for DoorCS to interpret
real(20,0,0,0,96,62,0,0 as real(3,0,3,0 ? The first command pretty
much just does what the second does anyway, but much slower.
- Completed, with small improvements. Cost of 59 bytes.
- Make [clear] a close option for the right-click menu
(or make it quit Doors CS?)
- Make [clear] be a default close on
- GUIMseSave is now used on all clicking. Must double-check that there are no negative effects.
- Keep thinking about the hourglass cursor idea
- Added for Sort and Arc_Unarc, will see what people say.
- Why is PrevVATArray only 123 bytes? Is that 61 programs of 61
screens = 366 programs? Can I make it negative offsets instead of
absolute values to make it only a single byte (=123 spaces or
- Player1537 has 139 programs, and the desktop glitches
- This would imply a max of (139/6)*2 = 44 bytes necessary, or 129 + 44 bytes = 173 bytes total of var RAM in use
- For some reason, header.asm marked with 172-byte limit
- What’s special about $9872 + 172 = $991e?
- Possible that CALCnet2 was responsible? Checking on Doors CS 6 version
- Confirmed that CALCnet2 was to blame. First random value seen at $991f, with scattered other words, then several longer chunks, then 256-byte table beginning at $9a00.
- If CALCnet2 is resurrected (CALCnet3?!), then will have to return to resolve this
- Bug marked inactive / un-reproducible for now.
- Player1537 has 139 programs, and the desktop glitches
- Still need to add folder saving right before program run, including
updating the VFAT if necessary for things getting moved around
- Using RelocatablePtr1 and 2 to store (VFATn+0,1) and (VFATn+2,3)
- GUIfied backing up folders… window?
- Decided to forego it in the interest of the hourglass
- Add the actual RunProg vector, including remembering to deal with
the whole hook issue with chained BASIC programs (ie, don’t re-save
our own hooks), and test it by nesting execution a few times.
- Talk to Elfprince about getting A-Drive underway again.
- GUIfied archiving… window?
- Solved with hourglass instead
- As per BrandonW: recalculate RAM checksum on poweroff, cf. code
fragment by BrandonW
- calcAndStore_RAMChecksum in dcslibsp.inc
- Add Xenon’s routines from
- Added PushGUIStacks and GUIFindThis, both in modified form.
- Make scrolling up from the top go to the bottom
- Make scrolling down from the bottom go to the top
- Use the edit buffer for multiline text input in the GUI
- Remove Linking and Power from the DCS Menu.
- Link window removed, item remains in DCS menu
- Removed item, power item, power menu
- Updated side text to say DCS7 instead of Doors CS 7
- Saved 106 bytes on Page 1
- Error strings for 501-560 (or thereabouts)
- TI84p requests saving (curfldr, progsdone) upon entering a program
and restoring it afterwards.
- curfldr is now saved, progsdone still pending
- Both now complete, tested, debugged
- Write custom chkfindsym / delmem / insmem routines for use with the
- Decided not to do this for now.
- Must check that GUIMouseHookLoc issue is indeed repaired, test a
window with a scrollbar and radio buttons and a hook.
- Clicking on scrollbar destroys hook pointerto $0000 now, apparently
- Repaired and tested with prgmHOOKTEST
- Update credits screen, including Credits page in Wiki, think about new Easter Egg. (shhh!)
- Add an LCD delay slider bar to the Display window, and a button that
attempts to tune it to the display, a la ALCDFIX. Don’t forget SE/84
- For now just a “Retune” button in Display window. Pending opinions from Cemetech members on this.
- Switched to Penguin77’s routine. According to the topic on Cemetech, people seem to think that just a retune button is fine.
- Make [CLEAR] a backspace alias in textinr.
- Filetype checking - the routines should allow built in filtering
(with an on/off choice) (from Anakclusmos)
- Implemented for FileOpen and FileSaveAs as input a; tested.
- Make GUI rendering and textinr scroll calculations take advantage of 15MHz mode.
- As per BrandonW: continually force a set of flag 0,(iy+16h) during
the mouse keyloop and right after (before?) halt’ing in the Off
- Nevermind, that only makes sense when the OS im1 interrupt is active (flag is to avoid ram clears on batt pulls)
- As per BrandonW, bit 3,(iy+41h) (cf. $000b on page $00) for delays
- Implementation: combined Nspire and PresentationLink fastcopies.
- Ans stack: sum(14) and sum(15)
- Also added: sum(16) to clear the stack
- DCS Menu item: Help
- Extra keys for cursor editor
- [2nd]=black, [alpha]=white, [del]=transparent, [enter]=finish
- SwapAnsStack (on second thought, multiple stacks would be infinitely
- Use of multiple stacks implemented for sum(14), sum(15), sum(16).
- Replace Cn2 checkbox with folder backups, add Backup Now button.
- Two programs of the same name, one hidden, can be loaded; unhiding or hiding one causes instability
- Fix CALCnet [on] code?
- Fix two bugs in BASIC code on page 18 of SDK
- Laziness in hook chaining: more info
- Acceleration problems as reported by TIFreak8x (esp in GUIMouse, non-desktop)
- APD when infopop is active?
- TIFreak confirms total lack of APD, as well as slower InfoPop launch and timed disappearance
- Poweroff from Power menu or APD seems permanent
- Poweroff from desktop does nothing
- Folder names are not displayed properly (4/15/2010)
- ASM program execution from ROM causes crash only on actual writeback
- Nope - happens for writeback on unarchived programs too
- Not easy to reproduce for unarchived programs though
- Running an unarchived BASIC program causes a crash (4/16/2010)
- Seems to be crashing
- Seems to be crashing
- File Open GUI (and File Save As GUI) crash in DocDE6 under current build of DCS7 (was due to vector misalignment from taking out calcNet2)
- Executing BASIC programs seems to cause a crash
- Goto error crashes?
- Executing TIFreak’s Star Trek 83 seemed fine, and Gotos seemed to be working with no problems…
- Can’t edit anything?
- Looks like I can edit things fine to me…
- TIFreak reported two errors, one of which I’ve been able to
replicate so far. When choosing Goto on an error in a BASIC program,
when the error occurs on a line of the program that takes more than
seven lines of the display, the editor freezes. However, I had
confirmed that simply using the built-in editor (without Goto) does
not freeze on such programs.
- Turned out it was actually a problem with Goto’ing to the first line of the program
- “prgmREAPEX”: Err: Undefined after Error 518 (Invalid Dim) -> 2.
Goto, happens for both arc’ed and unarc’ed. Simple edit is fine.
Also happens when another part of the same line is edited, but does
not occur if the second line of the program is edited. Seems to be a
problem with the contents of “parseVar”.
- Fixed with epic help from the inimitable Brandon Wilson.
- Qazz42 reports that running DCS with ~45 bytes free causes GUI low
RAM message to appear, followed by a freeze
- With 418 bytes free (148 in DCS), no problems seen
- With 231 bytes free in the TI-OS, flashes DCS desktop, then freezes on error message
- Turned out that although AV+21 and AV+22 was supposed to be the word for saving the SP, I was using AV+21, AV+22, and AV+23 to store the current GUI window type, window X, and window Y. I moved the WinType, WinX, and WinY to +23, +24, and +25, but until I implement the new program chaining, this will be a problem, as it overlaps ProgNameSpace3 (although the first byte of ProgNameSpace3 was already getting trashed)
- FileOpen has extensive problems, including showing the temp RAM copy of the current program, and freezing on its second use.
- Schoolhacker points out that if you have folders in layers and cut the folder in the root and paste it into itself, you have yourself some funny troubling stuff. When you press back, it will go in a loop between those folders, and if you quit DCS to go back to the root, the folder you cut and pasted will disappear and be unaccessible. (along with the apps that were originally in it). The only way to revert this is to delete the folder appvar and reset then the calc.
- Folders go crazy when you try to hide them, turning into basic programs editable by DCS, but not by TIOS. Hitting hide enough times (5-6) turns them back.
- Fixed folder renaming
- Schoolhacker reports this that when you rename a file that’s with in a folder it will pop back out to the root.
- Schoolhacker mentions that the cursor default button doesn’t work anymore
- “Default” cursor button in Options does nothing
- DCS freezes on completion of cursor editing
- Qazz42 correctly reports that “Launch DCS at Startup” is broken
- Opening a file in RAM or DCS with FileOpen (after starting DocDE with no document), then resaving it, causes a temp file to be left on the desktop, even if it never should have existed.
-  and  shortcut keys malfunctioning?
- Archived BASIC programs cause myriad homescreen problems, keep working on idea of reloading App context
- Qazz42 reports that Doors CS freezes at the “insufficient RAM” message when running programs
- If the GUI encounters insufficient RAM, it can get caught in an infinite loop
- Temporary RAM copies of open AP files sometimes show in FileOpen/FileSave screens.
- 2nd-quit’ing from BASIC Input prompts works again for some reason
- Random pixels appear in FileOpen FileSaveAs under 2.53MP, and actually 2.41 as well.
- Cannot power off the calculator after running a BASIC program
- Rename or duplicate any file to a name with lowercase letters. DCS
6.4 beta will crash.
- Schoolhacker reports rename error/freeze
- In fact, renaming files seem to instead duplicate them, with no folder.
- If you delete the unarchived DCS appvar, the application will create duplicates of the folders you originally have and its contents
- Editing locked programs causes an os-triggered Syntax Error
- Solved by making the program a ProgObj before starting the editor context, then restoring its previous type byte.
- Editor fails when scrolling backwards through two-byte tokens ending in $3F such as $AA,$3F.
- As per SchoolHacker: “[…] duplication still has problems, though
you no longer loose the designated file. When you use copy on a
program, and after you type in a name (this name could be anything,
full caps included) and once you click OK, the app freezes, then
after a few seconds the calc crashes.
- Replicated under 2.53MP / TI-84+SE
- Replicated under 2.41 / TI-84+SE
- Replicated under 1.18 / TI-83+
- Was due to extra _PopOp1
- After pressing STAT and then ALPHA, the right-click menu appears. If after that I move the mouse with the arrow keys, a 2nd mouse cursor appears.
- Strange sorting order for, eg, SMSD0 vs. SMSD.
- Solved, had to do with adding $40 to low-numbered characters for hidden programs
- Kevin O’s XLib game SMSD crashes on quit when run via Homerun, but
not if you press [ON] to quit. Does NOT fail this way when run
- The same behavior occurs with HEXPIC, as reported by Silver Shadow.
- Seems to occur when a Stop token is encountered. Further tracing will be necessary to determine a solution - perhaps catch Stops with the ParserHook and deal with execution stack cleanup myself?
- Solved by triggering nonexistent error %01111111, then handling it as a special silent case.
- The new DOCDE7 crashed when a new file was created, and saved it in
to a folder; after clicking OK the text field turned blank, then I
clicked close application which resulted in a system crash.
- Un-reproducible thus far
- In DocDE7, creating a new file, then clicking Open, then canceling
both the Save As… and Open… dialogs causes a crash.
- Possibly the correct reproduction of the above bug?
- Real(12,[3-10],…) with x2 <= x1 or y2<=y2 crashes.
- Repaired by aborting if x2 <= x1 or y2<=y2
- Double-checked that Real(12,[0-2],…) works properly for x1>=<x2, y1>=<y2.
- Kevin reports that SMSD does not run properly via Homerun. cf. more
- Probably has to do with that 2.53MP bug. Searching #cemetech logs for BrandonW’s fix.
- Currently discussing a fix with BrandonW.
- Clear the gbuf and mark it as dirty when an error message is
triggered by a BASIC program from within the Homerun system (or
- Done by setting graphDraw,(iy+GraphFlags) after leaving the call to BASICErrorParse in runprog.asm
- Try to avoid clearing the graphscreen for programs run via Homerun.
- Checks the dirty graph bit, also sets it in RunprogFromDesktop
- Running programs in first folder via Homerun brings up Properties menu.
- More of a To-Do than a bug, but scrolling is much much slower in
DCS6.6b than 6.2. Search down GUI subsystem slowdowns causing this.
Perhaps lots of chkfindsyms or something?
- Modified PushGUIStacks and PopGUIStacks to use faster PushGUIStackFast and PopGUIStackFast routines that depend on a cached pointer to the gui7 appvar.
- Pending attempt to move gui7 VAT entry to beginning of VAT.
- Qazz discovered that the hourglass and error bubble are getting left
on the graphscreen after execution still. More details are
- Schoolhacker believes that Garbage Collect may be unstable under
- He duplicated it
- Repaired, both fixing the GetCSChook to be more polite when at the wrong menu, and realizing that 2.53MP uses $40 instead of $3F for mGarbageCollect.
- DJ_Omnimaga reports that the DCS version of Axe Tunnel is not
- Replicated. Axe is generating an invalid header, with a relative jump off by $18. Pending Quigibo’s fix.
- Quigibo reports this issue fixed in Axe.
- When Quigibo hovers the mouse over some black space (he had less
than 6 programs) then DCS gives a bunch of errors presumably because
it is trying to look up the tooltip for a non-existent program.
- Quigibo also reports that he is able to click on a white program
space and DCS throws 3 errors in a row trying the execute it.
- TI84p reports that acceleration does not work from the DCS menu
- False - turns out omission of long mousehook just makes it run quite fast.
- TI84p reports that the checkbox to disable acceleration does nothing
- Working on re-introducing this feature.
- Implemented by setting the acceleration pause value to $ff to indicate acceleration disabled
- Clicking arrows on scrollbars from DCSBL sum(12) causes a freeze.
- Folder/Back bug reported by xxxEpicFailxxx in this
- Related issue: double-right-clicking on first item in a folder causes a crash.
- Resolved by changing ld hl,GUIDesktop_HS_Quit to ld hl,GUIDesktop_HS_Quit+3 in dcspropp.asm
- Err 503 triggered by header of DCS program run from Homerun causes
return to DCS desktop, not homescreen (thanks qazz)
- Preliminary fix in place on Prhh pending assembly and testing
- Repair verified.
- Returning 0 - the AP routines aren’t returning HL as 0 if you
cancel. (wouldn’t it be easier to return z with xor a and nz with
or 1) (from Anakclusmos)
- APGUI routines use GetRAMNameAP to figure out cancelling; valid for Open, valid for SaveAs?
- Fix: Updated documentation to note that they no longer return 0, now they only return 0 if no AP file is open. If nothing was opened (or saved), the outputs might point to an existing file.
- Three GUIRTextMultiline
bugs from CalcDude84p.
- 1 and 2 solved, 3 still pending; CalcDude84p will report whether the bug is extant or has been solved.
- Calcdude reports that 3 is fixed as well.
- Eeems reports loss of modified data with FileSaveAs (as per this
- Fixed, except now it’s possible to get a double FileSaveAs in DocDE7. :P
- Completely repaired in DocDE7
- Nspire powerdown problem
- Reported solved under Nspire OS 1.7 by Qazz42 using DCS 6.8.1, with Port 03 fix.
- Also reported solved under OS 2.0. Bug marked as fixed.
- Eeems reports improper wrapping with $D6 and GUIRWrappedText
- Repaired GUIRWrappedText; wiki page updated accordingly.
- Qazz’s sum(13) GetCalc bug
- Turned out not to be an actual bug, just a confusion of use
- Scrolling down and back up inside a full first screen of FileOpen
causes a crash.
- Can’t seem to replicate (6.7.5, 7/18/2010)
- Finally replicated and repaired, thanks to _player1537 (8/6/2010)
- Player1537’s InfoPop bug
- Finally resolved after EPIC debugging, uncovered a host of other related issues
- Player1537’s “expr()"-like bug with “v”
- Fixed by checking VAT type byte for 05 or 06 before jumping into editor
- BASIC goto offset problems with XLib/Celtic?
- Repaired by moving backwards instead of forwards if starting on a $3F
- Qazz reports occasional 503 error when running a program
- Braden reports some subfolders have a very long scrollbar for a single screen of programs.
- Running “iGo” leaves flashing cursor on DCS desktop, even though it
- Solved by removing a bcall(_RunIndicOff) and adding conditional ei’s to mos_fastline.
- Complex set of steps replicates a bug where unchecking Launch on
Startup causes the next three checkboxes to be checked.
- Bug is fixed. This bug was due to not taking into account that if the gui7 AppVar is above the OFFSCRPT variable (which it must be) and then OFFSCRPT gets deleted, gui7 is now in a different place. Judicious use of RelocatablePtr1 and RelocatablePtr2 fixed this; thanks to BrandonW for making me aware of those two pointers.
- Clicking a blank spot after deleting a program causes an infinite
hourglass on the desktop
- Fixed. Will need beta-testers to verify I didn’t break anything else with my fix.
- Launch on Startup appvar does not persist across upgrades or RAM
- Actually, the cause may be more convoluted than this. Then again, it may not.
- Simple and repaired. Also nullifies need for previous Launch on Startup checkbox fix
- Shmibs reports that Bubble Breaker and Serpent break DCS on quit.
- Fixed using _FillAppBasePage. Fix confirmed.
- Running an extant program after deleting a program causes a series
of 503 errors or a crash
- Believed fixed, verify before removing from this list.
- Users verified fix
- Some BASIC progs like DCSCALC crashing?
- Issue appears fixed, but need positive verification.
- No replications reported
- Check JoeyBelgier’s [ON] from ON-Launch bug.
- Irreplicable on real hardware. However, [ON] seems bouncy on 84 calcs.
- Bounciness fixed
- Tabbing to a blank space and clicking leaves the highlight onscreen.
- Bug repaired.
- Doc DE 7 bug: Type, save, cancel causes document to clear
- Fixed; the culprit was in Document DE 7 itself.
- Confirmed fixed
- LCD glitchy on some calcs even with tuning?
- Deal with now-revealed CHAIN7 problem
- Repaired by moving PushProgStack after jp to PropMenu
- Make InfoPop and MemoryPop appear slightly faster
- Delay before InfoPop/MemoryPop halved
- Problem with hiding archived programs?
- Replicated, fix in progress.
- Fix believed complete.
- Certain Ion programs aren’t runnable?
- Not a bug - the given Ion program has a broken header ($BB,$06)
- Modify APD hook to [ON][XTOn] to avoid Emu8x conflict
- Completed (future reference: getKey code for [XTOn] is $B4)
- Homescreen blank and untypeable after HomeRunning the RunProg1 test
- textWrite,(iy+SgrFlags) wasn’t getting reset
- Calcdude reports “Small, rather insignificant bug I found. On the
DCS menu (the one you get by pressing “Y=”), clicking one pixel
above the separator between items selects the item below it, rather
than the one on the top side of the separator.”
- Fixed the relevant hotspot coordinates
- Tanner reports significant issue with sum(7,8: the hex appears to
start 2 bytes / 4 nibbles too early.
- Fixed: single ‘4’ that should have been ‘6’
- Cancelling a copy or rename causes an archived program to become
- Problems with LineRead from archived program in Celtic III libs?
- Traced and fixed; a “jr z” was a “jr nz”
- Matt Pierce reports that the TI-OS Text( command, when run after recalling a pic using the xLib real(13) function, causes the screen to clear (but only the first time). Graph dirty issue or something?
- CALCnet ISR is eventually disabled by iFastCopy despite
- Damn you TI-OS; problem was in conditional ei in _vputs/_vputmap
- Nspire problems with CALCnet
- See above
- Fixed 15MHz calcs going to full speed with CALCnet
- Alberthro reports 2.53MP ASM+Input crash
- Tracked to three Mathprint-specific flags that don’t get changed when DCS is launched via ON-PRGM.
- 1 folder and 5 programs makes
FileOpen GUI show a second
(blank, crashy) page
- Folder/file display was correctly hiding temp RAM copies of files, but the folder/file counting routine was not.
- Bottom row name corruption. Steps for replication are
- Solved here
- 504 error (mem) from homescreen causes CHAIN7 appvar to remain
Un-Reproducible Bugs #
New folders have no name?
Freeze pressing up-folder button in FileSave window.
Occasionally pressing On, Goto, edit, quit from Homerun returns you to the Doors CS desktop.
Seems that CHAIN7 is not getting reduced to zero-size and eliminated in some BASIC program situations?
- Hasn’t recurred
“RunProg1” seems to be stuck at some kind of pause when it exits?
- Unable to replicate (126.96.36.199, 7/24/2010)
Eeems reports “key-mashing bug” with ASM programs, details here
- Completely non-replicable, marked idle pending confirmation from Eeems or other reports.
Issue with some text not appearing in XLib programs? Cf. contrast text for Reuben: Ev by Kevin O.
- Seems to only occur in Omnicalc-based programs; ignored for now.
Is CHAIN7 getting left un-cleaned in some BASIC execution cases? Try Braden’s backup
- Cannot replicate, and Braden’s CHAIN7 is filled with zeros.
Alberthro reports 2.53MP editor corruption
- Users indicate this happens without Doors CS
JosJuice reports Horiz/Full+Input problem
- Could not reproduce